Friday, August 2, 2013

What I Used To Be

What I Used To Be

Lord I know I used to be a one of a kind hellyun,
Raising all kinds of Cain and so full of rebellion.

There were times that I rejected, neglected, and ignored You..
At times I would go days, weeks, and months without praying too..

Sometimes I was living on the edge waiting for tomorrow,
My heart full of pride and sin, wasting time I couldn't borrow.

When a heart gets filled with bitterness, it's hard to let go of the rage...
It takes the love and grace of a Saviour to make a person really want to change.

You can't do it on your own, you can't win it, buy it, or earn it,
It's a gift for you to receive, when you accept it, remember you did nothing to deserve it...

When you got it, hold on and remember where it came from,
Don't forget it's not ours just of faith, but it's ours because of His love..

He said not only be a hearer of the word, but be also a doer,
Because a hearer never remembers his own reflection in the mirror...

No comments:

Post a Comment