Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Sight for Sore Eyes

We were drifting around in the lake yesterday while fishing. And all I could do was just stare in awe at some of God's creations and habitats.
I'm not really sure why things were the way they were, or even how they came to be, or if it even really mattered if someone else had the answers to those huge " WHY? " questions we all have. All I know is that I was there, I could see it with my own two eyes, and could have laid my own two hands on it if I had tried, but never could I have recreated this view by chance... Only the hands of something much much greater than man could make things this beautiful.
I don't think I would have ever seen this if the lake hadn't been built. If someone hadn't decided to build a dam, and a lake, I know without a doubt, I would not have hiked and climbed out there in the middle of this small town mountain...
Just driving through, you think man if I blink, I may miss it all, and it wouldn't be much missed, untill you explore deeper than the two lane highway that runs right through it.. These are only a few of the shots I took...
It's better in person.... If ya know what I mean.....

Kind of like a relationship with Christ.
Just looking at a picture of what we think Christ looked like is a beautiful thing, but breaking free from the cover of the Bible and really exploring what the word of God really says can be breath taking.. 
You can go to church every Sunday of every week of all your life, and put money in the plate, sing all the hymns, even come to Sunday school, but if you never open your heart to Jesus and experienced a personal daily relationship with Him, then you are merely just blessing Him with your presence, instead of absorbing His...
I have to stop and remember sometimes who He came here for and why... And then I can see the beauty of it.. But also those He came here for also have a purpose, not to just be a flicker of hope, but a beacon on hope... He said be the light...
Like this rock, it's not just a rock, it's an awesome display of God and His creativity...
This rock serves one purpose.... To Glorify God.. sure it could be scientifically described as what,when, why, where, and how... I guess... I can sum it up in one word....... God...

Don't just make a judgment on Christ because of a few verses, or people you see in a pew... You have to really dive in to know for yourself.

We went swimming later on after finding this and I love what my oldest son said... " come on in, the water's fine! "
It's amazing how water can soothe the soul by sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste...  I don't recommend drinking it straight from a lake or river though...

John 4:7-14 NASB

There *came a woman of Samaria to draw water. Jesus *said to her, "Give Me a drink."  For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. Therefore the Samaritan woman *said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman?" (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.) Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."  She *said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with and the well is deep; where then do You get that living water? You are not greater than our father Jacob, are You, who gave us the well, and drank of it himself and his sons and his cattle?" Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again;  but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment