Sunday, September 22, 2013

Only Human

only human

As time goes by, as we grow older,
The decisions in our lives become much bolder.
There comes a point in time we make choices that we don't want to,
After years of looking back,there's this regret that we hold onto.
And all you can think of are the tears and pain that follow,
Finding joy in your heart is like a pill that you can't swallow.
Time goes by, life goes on, but the thoughts of your past seem to weigh on your shoulder,
The life that once was, seems to only grow colder.
One day you break down to your knees to give up and give in,
To lay down the pain, pride, and suffering of your sin.
You cry out to the God that you've never met, but only heard of,
Lord, please take away all the pain and replace it with Your love.
Lord take away the hurt, take away the pain, take away the misery in my life,
Thank you for the day,thank you for the night, thank you for everything, my children, my wife.
Thank you for the blessings that I haven't clearly seen,
because of the darkness and emptiness that's caught me in between.
Take away the doubt and fear, take away the pride,
Take away the pain and hurt  that tears me up inside.
Wash away the memories, wash away the sin,
Wash away the emptiness that's trying to pull me in.
Thank You Jesus for what You've done in my life,
Thank You Lord, for handling my strife.

No comments:

Post a Comment